2012 Salt Lake City Marathon Route Description
- The race begins at the University of Utah Olympic Legacy Bridge along with the Half Marathon runners.
- The route proceeds south on Wasatch Drive for .6 miles until it intersects with Foothill Blvd.
- The route then proceeds south on Foothill Blvd. for the next 1.6 miles.
- The route then proceeds west on 1700 South for the next .2 miles.
- The route then proceeds south on 2300 East for .4 miles.
- The course then heads west on 2100 South for 1.1 miles until it reaches the intersection of 1700 East.
At this point the Half Marathon splits from the Full Marathon course.
- Runners then enter through the far west entrance and travel 1.1 miles around the outer loop of Sugarhouse Park.
- The route then proceeds out the far east exit onto 2100 South for .1 mile.
- The route then proceeds south on 1700 East for 1 mile to 2700 South.
- The course proceeds east .4 miles to 2000 East.
- The route then proceeds south for 1.1 miles to Keller Lane (3540 South).
- The route then proceeds east for .1 mile to 2300 East.
- The route then proceeds south for 2 miles to Holladay Blvd.
- The route then proceeds south for 2.1 miles to 6200 South.
This is now the half way point of the marathon, 13.1 miles.
- The route then continues 1 mile to Van Winkle Expressway.
- The route then proceeds northwest for 2.7 miles.
- The route then proceeds west on 4500 South for .2 miles.
- The route then proceeds north on 500 East for 3.9 miles to 1700 South.
The Half Marathon then Rejoins the Full Marathon Course
- The course continues north on 500 East for .56 miles where it joins 1300 South.
- The course heads eastbound on 1300 South for .15 miles where it enters the south entrance of Liberty Park.
- The course proceeds through Liberty Park on Constitution Drive where it exits at the park’s north end to 900 South.
- The course then heads westbound on 900 South for .7 miles where it intersects with State Street (State Road 89).
- The course then proceeds northbound on State Street for 1.6 miles to South Temple.
- The course then proceeds westbound on South Temple for .7 miles until 400 West.
- The course then proceeds southbound on 400 West for .2 miles to 100 South.
- The course then proceeds westbound on 100 South for .1 mile where it joins Rio Grande Street located at The Gateway.
- The course proceeds northbound on Rio Grande Street for .1 miles where it finishes at the Olympic Legacy Plaza at The Gateway.